This is such a fun and easy recipe – the colors on your plate are amazing and it’s a great alternative to Hash Brown Potatoes!
- 1 butternut squash grated*
- 1 egg
- Manchego cheese
- Seasoning to taste – I use sea salt and Lake Shore Drive from TheSpiceHouse.com
- Olive oil
- Butter – I only use Kerrygold grass-fed butter for its superior taste and quality!
- Sauté the squash** in a mix of grass-fed butter and garlic olive oil (or pick your own good fat). Cook until done and then allow it to get crispy on the bottom (like regular potato hash browns). Adjust the squash amount based on the number of servings you need.
- Once it’s crispy on the bottom, break an egg on top and season. I like Lake Shore Drive from TheSpiceHouse.com. If needed, add salt to taste. Cover with a lid to speed up the final cooking time for the egg.
- Sprinkle with grated Manchego Cheese (low inflammatory sheep cheese we get from Costco – – yummy!). Let melt.
* I have used the whole butternut (peeled, seeds removed) and grated. I have also purchased it in containers at the store already peeled. Both work. A food processor makes the job very easy!
** You could also add chopped onions with the squash and/or garlic.
PLAY with your FOOD (cooking that is) and learn to have fun creating and eating what YOUR Body LOVES!
Looks yummy! I can see adding some leftover veggies too.
It’s a really fun and easy recipe to play with and add whatever sounds good to you!
Consider this a ‘hasbtown’ base you can add many foods too!!