Black Forest Cheesecake Tart
Make an impressive large tart or make EASY cupcakes when you are short on time.
Both are delicious!
- ¼ c. pecans (or other nuts)
- 1 ¼ c. spelt or gluten-free flour
- 3 TBL cocoa
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup grass-fed butter
- ¼ c. ice cold water
- Put nuts into food processor and blend until fine
- Add flour, cocoa and salt and pulse until blended
- Add butter and pulse until crumbly
- Slowly add water until dough forms a ball (might need a bit more, but add slowly)
- Form into a ball and chill if making a tart. If making cupcakes, place a bit of dough into base of lined muffin tins. (No need to prebake with cupcakes)
- If making the tart, line the pie pan with parchment paper, add the crust, and then add pie weights to keep the crust in place while cooking (I use pinto beans – fill the dough lined pie pan).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Carefully remove pie weights and parchment paper and bake 5 minutes longer.
- 16 oz. (2 containers) grass-fed cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c. Fiber Yum, coconut nectar or maple syrup
- ½ c. of the thick part of full fat canned coconut milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- Mix cream cheese in food processor until smooth
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth
- Pour into large tart pan, or divide between 12 cupcakes (already lined with dough)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. (less for cupcakes) Top should be firm
- Let cool completely in refrigerator before adding cherry topping
- 1 10 oz. bag frozen cherries, thawed, drained
- ¾ c. water
- 2 TBL Fiber Yum, maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 TBL arrowroot mixed in small amount of water
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 TBL lemon juice
- Bring cherries, water and sweetener to a boil
- Stir in arrowroot and heat until thickened. When thick, stir in lemon juice and zest
- Let cool and then place on cooled tart or cupcakes
Optional Chocolate Drizzle:
- Bring milk to low simmer
- Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let cool slightly. (Can be made ahead and gently rewarmed)
- Drizzle tart or cupcakes with chocolate