This easy to make soft-serve, dairy free ice cream will easily become a favorite. No ice cream maker is required. Do have all the ingredients measured and ready before you start. It comes together so quickly and easily.
Friends served this to us and I instantly loved it. I simplified the recipe and enhanced the flavor. Feel free to try other alternative milks and flavorings.
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/4 c. low carb sweetener (erythritol is what I use)
- 3/4 c. Lily’s cocolate chips
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (14 oz)
- For a creamier texture you use 14 oz. of canned coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. coffee extract (optional)
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- Have a strainer over a clean 1-quart container setting in the sink ready to strain. This helps produce a very smooth texture.
- Whisk egg yolks with erythritol (or your favorite sweetener) in a high-quality pan over low heat. An aluminum pan will cause this mixture to burn too easily.
- When tiny bubbles form (about 3-5 minutes), stir in the chocolate chips and coconut milk/cream. Stir well to combine and again have tiny bubbles.
- Stir in flavorings. When well blended, sprinkle with the gelatin.
- Continue to whisk until warm to touch.
- Pour over the strainer and press the mixture through with a rubber spatula. This removes any egg or milk/cream chunks.
- Freeze in a freezer-safe container.
- When serving, let set for 10-15 minutes to soften and easily dish out .