Once a year I treat my family and friends to wonderful holiday treats – a bit of a splurge on the carb count! One of the favorites is my toffee. This year I decided to find a way to reduce the carb count and I think you’re going to love the results. So easy to make! Be sure to check out the video on my facebook page – click here!
I’ll give you both options so you can play and discover which you like best!
- Saltine Crackers (whole wheat is preferred)
- 1 cup of grass-fed butter (I use Kerry Gold)
- 1 cup of brown sugar (can use coconut sugar or other granular sweetener of your choice – not liquid).
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Brand)
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans
- Line a 10”x15” cookie sheet with silpat or foil (I don’t use foil, I use the silpat). Butter lightly or spray. Place a single layer of crackers on the cookie sheet.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a pan and bring to a boil. Gently boil for 4 minutes
- Pour butter mixture over top of crackers. Spread it evenly. (It will thin out as it bakes)
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top as soon as it comes out of oven. Allow them to soften and then spread evenly with a spatula.
- Sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate until firm. Break into pieces. Keep refrigerated.
- Replace saltines with Simple Mills Almond Flour Crackers (Sea Salt Flavor)
- Replace brown sugar with Swerve granular sugar replacement or other low-carb sweetener
- Replace chocolate chips with Lily’s Stevia Sweetened, Dark Chocolate chips