Secret tips to making Pavlova with Swerve instead of Sugar!
- 6 egg whites (room temperature and NO yolk or oil!)
- 6-9 TBL powdered Swerve * Based on desired level of sweetness
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- 3/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- pinch of salt
- 1 ½ c. whipping cream
- 1 TBL granular or powdered Swerve
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Combine base ingredients in a glass or metal bowl.
- Mix until stiff peaks form. Do not use a rubber spatula.
- Spoon mixture into a 12’ circle onto a parchment paper-line pan. Build up edges and have middle slightly lower (concave) to hold the whipped cream.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 20—15 minutes.
- Turn oven down (do not open oven door) to 200 degrees.
- Bake at 25-30 minutes.
- Leave in oven (do not open oven door) for 2 hours or over night.
- Make whipped cream with cream and sweetener to stiff peaks.
- Place whipped cream on top of Pavlova and top with fruit.
Base can be made ahead of time and kept in an airtight container for 2-4 days but don’t add the topping until you’re ready to serve. You can also make and serve this in individual serving sizes!
For a video of my making this recipe, go to my Facebook Page: Cheryl Barnett Townsley and look for the video posted on 8-15-18
Servings 4-8 depending on size