Delicious in the Instant Pot or in the oven – – – so far the IP makes the one people like the most!
- 1¾ cups blend of ground rye crisp crackers and pecans
- (you can use all cracker or all nuts, I use half rye crackers and half pecans)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar or organic brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup grass-fed butter, melted
- Line the sides of the spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Spray it and the base with a non-stick spray.
- Mix crumbs, sweetener and cinnamon in food processor. Stir in melted butter.
- Press down flat into the base of spring form pan and up the sides about one inch. This is enough for two 6” spring form pans. Or one 9” spring form pan if baking. You need the 6” pan for the Instant Pot
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) grass-fed cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin (plain not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup drained, grass-fed plain yogurt (start draining in a fine strainer before you start the recipe). This gives you a creamier, thicker yogurt.
- 1⅓ cup of organic brown sugar or coconut sugar (I find that brown sugar works better for most people)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Tbl spelt or gluten-free flour (or wheat) OR 1 Tbl coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix cream cheese in food processor or with electric beaters.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into baking pan (remember this is enough for two 6” pans or one 9” pan).
- Place 1 cup of water in base of Instant Pot. Put the trivet in base (cheesecake goes on top of this).
- Pour half of filling into the prepared springform pan (you have enough filling for two cheesecakes).
- Cover the base of the pan with foil to prevent drips.
- Prepare a foil ‘sling’ to place under the pan and be long enough that you can easily remove the pan (this isn’t criticial, as I let the cheesecake completely cool before I took it out of the Instant Pot).
- Cover the pan (I have little ‘lids’ I use, but you could use a paper towl and foil (in that order) to just lie on top).
- Using Manual high pressure, let cook for 35-40 minutes (I do 40 minutes at our altitude of 7500 feet).
- Unplug and use the natural release.
- Let completely cool. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish as desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-75 minutes or until the cheesecake no longer jiggles.
- Cool for 15 minutes and then chill for 4 hours or overnight, covered.