No gluten, no sugar, low carb and super delicious!
Forest’s only ‘complaint’ was that he only wanted one! And that, I reminded him, was the goal; to have a great muffin that didn’t set off cravings!! And, yes he did like them!
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1 c. coconut flour
- 1 – 1 ¼ c. Swerve or your preferred dry sweetener (I like it less sweet)
- 2 TBL cinnamon
- 2 TBL baking powder
- ½ tsp. Pink Himalayan salt
- 8 eggs
- 1 c. canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. flavoring (can be vanilla, but maple is also great!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the eggs, pumpkin, butter and flavoring together and the stir into the flour mixture.
- Line 20 muffin tins with muffin wrappers. Using a large ice cream scoop, fill each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until done when a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
Topping is optional but adds a nice crunch! I just dump, taste and top the muffins!
- ½ c. pecans (or other nut), finely ground but not into a butter
- 1-3 TBL sweetener (based on desired sweetener)
- 1-2 tsp. cinnamon (based on taste)
- ½ c. butter melted in a separate bowl
- Mix ground pecans, sweetener, and cinnamon in a bowl
- Dip top of muffin in melted butter.Then dip into the nut mixture.
I was over at Cheryl’s the day these delicious muffins came out of the oven and they really are amazing!! I eat a lot of “bread” things that I tolerate in the name of health. But, these don’t even seem like they are made with coconut flour or almond flour!! You really got a winner here Cheryl! Thanks for sharing one with me:)!
Yeah!! Glad you enjoyed!!
There is no liquid in this recipe?
You dip the muffin in melted butter or coconut oil and then the dry mixture – -no other liquid is needed.
Between the eggs, melted butter and pumpkin that’s all that’s needed.
Oh my these sound so good…..have all the ingredients so will try this weekend. Working with others on gluten free recipes for church members to use in our meal delivery ministry.
Should have added that I know I can trust Cheryl’s to be delicious!
I want to make because if I can bake and it turns out the 1st time, anyone can do it.
Thanks Gretchen – she really works to make recipes simple, taste great and pretty much full proof! Glad you like it!
All right made mufffins this weekend…undercooked them just a moment or two…didn’t want to over cook them…..doesn’t matter to us…they were delicious!!!! did not make the streusel topping.
Next batch cooking longer and streusel topping.