Gluten-Free, Good Fats and Gooey Flavor
- 2 avocadoes
- 4 eggs
- ½ c. grass fed butter, melted
- ½ c. almond butter
- 1 c. Swerve or other low carb sweetener
- 2/3 c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ c. chocolate chips, nuts or coconut, optional
- Mix avocados and eggs in food processor until smooth.
- Add other ingredients and pulse until just blended.
- Pour into two 8” square pans (oil, line with parchment paper).
- Sprinkle with desired toppings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (longer if you want more of a cake-like texture instead of a gooey texture).
- Let cool completely. Cut into squares, Can be frozen or kept in fridge.
- Coconut oil could be used in place of butter
- Sunflower butter could be used in place of almond butter to make it nut-free.
- PB2 Powder could be used in place of cocoa (or half and half) to make a “Blondie Brownie”.
- Vanilla could be replaced with coffee, mint or orange flavoring for variety.
- Toppings can include chocolate chips (Lilys for low carb), macadamia nuts, coconut or top with sweetened whipped cream after baking.
These brownies freeze well and are just delicious. Try them!
Thanks for this new recipe! Excited to try? Given the avocado in them, do they need to be eaten within a couple of days if you don’t freeze them? Thanks!
I have not found a problem if left out or refrigerated for about 3 days or so. Usually doesn’t last long.